3.17.2009

Roasted Broccoli and Shrimp




It was 5 0'clock and I was just about to leave work when I realized, I needed to figure out what to make for dinner. Unfortunately, this meant I had to stop at the store. But since that is my favorite place, it wasn't the worst thing in the world. I did a quick blog search and found this quick and easy recipe over at thewednesdaychef.com.





What was even more perfect about this recipe was it only called for two main ingredients (and other seasonings). And I already had broccoli at home. All I had to get from the store was 1 pound of shrimp.





This recipe is so simple, and so good, and literally takes 30 minutes. I decided to serve mine with brown rice, so it took a little longer. And did I mention how healthy this is.







This is a great meal to get in that serving of cruciferous vegetables for the day as well. Those are your veggies like cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, kale, cabbage, and bok choy, that contain vitamins, minerals, and fiber that are important to your health. So make this your quick, weeknight meal. Your tummy and your tastebuds will thank you



Roasted Broccoli and Shrimp

Printable Recipe


2 pounds of fresh broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon cumin
1 ½ teaspoon season salt
1 teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon chili powder
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
zest from 1 large lemon
lemon wedges for serving

Preheat the oven to 425
In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season with coriander, cumin, 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper and chili powder. Set aside. In a separate bowl, toss the shrimp with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper and lemon zest.

Line baking sheet with foil paper. Spread broccoli on baking sheet in a single layer. Roast in oven for 10 minutes. Add the shrimp to the baking sheet and toss with broccoli. Continue roasting, turning once halfway through until shrimp is pink, approximately 10 more minutes. When done, squeeze lemon juice and serve on top a bed of rice.

adapted by The Wednesday Chef

2 comments:

  1. I am going to get a pound of shrimp on my way home! Passion Foodie you got me hungry over here! Let you know how mine turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im gonna try this! looks yummy!! thanks passionfoodie

    ReplyDelete