5.13.2011

I'zzz Married Now!

The wait is finally over. Three weeks ago today, Mr. Foodie made me an honest woman and I can now proudly call myself Mrs. Foodie!!! YAY!!


We tied the knot two weeks ago and it was absolutely the most beautiful wedding (I'm sure every bride says that) and the happiest day of my life (I'm sure every bride says that too, but now its my turn).  I could not have asked for the day to go any better. We are both so grateful to all our friends and family that came from far and wide to celebrate with us.  The whole occasion was definitely one filled with love.

We are even more grateful that the incomparable Shawna Herring was able to come along and photograph the entire thing.  I really could go on and on about how much we loved our photographer. You can check out her work here and what she did for us here.  If you ever want an occasion captured on film, she is the person to call.  And she travels too, so no destination is too far.

After our nuptials and all that partying in Las Vegas, we went for complete R&R for our honeymoon and traveled to Belize.  We flew into Belize City and took a small, very small, charter plane to San Pedro, on a small island off of the coast.  After taking the first couple of days to catch up on our rest (much needed), we did a lot of eating and laying out by the pool.  So of course with this being a food blog and all, I can't go without sharing pics of the delicious food we had.  A mixture of Mexican and Caribbean cuisine with fresh seafood, we were in food heaven.
(top row: curried shrimp with rice and peas, chicken enchilada with black beans, pan seared salmon topped with shrimp served with rice and roasted Parmesan vegetables;  middle row: seafood papusas, rum punch, fish (grouper) fritters; bottom row: curried chicken with roasted potatos, shrimp tacos, margarita & belikin, locally brewed beer)

We are now back. Getting back into our routine and enjoying being husband and wife.  I'll admit that we are in newlywed bliss and I am loving it. 

But that also means that I am getting back into my kitchen to cook some fabulous meals for my husband. And the plus side to that is you get to reap the benefits because I will share them with you.  So make sure you follow the blog (look to the right hand side to subscribe), get signed up to receive them via email and share with your friends.  Mrs. Foodie is getting ready to burn!!

2 comments:

  1. So fabulous!! I love it and I especially love all the food that was featured! How perfect was that trip? Especially for the Food!!! Mexican/Caribbean...I think they are definitely on to something!!! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burn baby, burn! Love was def in the Vegas air. Look forward to more from Mr. and Mrs. Foodie.

    ReplyDelete