9.25.2009

Espresso Cheesecake Brownies

When I first saw these brownies over at Carmen Cooks, I couldn't wait to try them.



And after I made them I really couldn't wait to share them with you.

And I'm not even the least bit discouraged to post these although I have to be almost the umpteenth blog to showcase these gorgeous brownies over the past few weeks.  Some of you might have heard about this food blogging group, Tuesdays with Dorie, who sample recipes by Dorie Greenspan, acclaimed food writer and cookbook author.  Each week, "the choosen" blogger picks a recipe for each person in the blogging community to make.  Then the members of the community post their thoughts, opinions, successes and failures of the dish on their blog...on Tuesday.  But only "the choosen" blogger posts the actual recipe.

The idea is great and I have thought about joining. But it is a commitment that I wouldn't want to mess up. I don't want to be that blog.  Plus, it is a rather large community which means a looong list of people before it will even be my turn to choose a recipe (they are up to 260 bloggers and they are currently on 81).  So I'll continue to think about it and just make the desserts that look irresistible. Even though I am not a part of Tuesdays with Dorie, I am going to respect their tradition and just give you the link to the recipe instead of reprinting the recipe below. Warning: she makes the brownies look sinful!!!


Not to toot my own horn or anything but just look at how gorgeous mine turned out. I opted not to use the suggested sour cream topping because I thought they were just too pretty.  But I strongly encourage you to try these brownies as soon as you can.  They are simply gratifying with the brownie bottom and the cheesecake topping as to not overpower the chocolate-y espresso flavor. YUM-MY!!


By the way, Mr. Foodie wanted me to let you all know that being a "chocolate connoisseur", he highly recommends these.  In other words, he really liked them and ate more than his fair share.

No comments:

Post a Comment